The Wakefield Eastern Relief Road (WERR) will be a single carriageway sited
between the A638 Doncaster Road to the south and the A642 Aberford Road to
the north of Wakefield.
• To ease inbound congestion which is the main cause
of air pollution and slow peak journey times.
• To improve the safety of the arterial road network into
Wakefield. To reduce air and noise pollution.
• To increase accessibility to future housing and
employment growth allocated in the Local
Development Framework (LDF).
• To support the new City Centre Developments in
Wakefield through a sustainable transport network.
• To reduce the number of accidents caused by the high
levels of car usage for trips into the city centre.
Heeney Work Scope:
Provision of Labour including Gangers, Slingers , Plant Operatives , Groundworkers and General Operatives
Click on the thumbnail images below to see larger versions: