Data Protection Policy
Heeney Civils is committed to protecting the rights of individuals to privacy with regard to the processing of personal data. It is necessary for Heeney Civils to process personal data in the normal and proper conduct of business operations. We will ensure that such processing will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and that any query regarding the accuracy of your personal data will be dealt with fairly and impartially.
General Use of Personal Data
Heeney Civils holds data on prospective, current and former candidates; prospective, current and former staff; and businesses interested in our services
This data is held securely in electronic and/or as a paper record
The processing of this data is subject to the rules laid down under the Data Protection Act 1998
Personal data will only be used for the proper purposes of the employment business
The protection of your personal data will be governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Access to your data will be restricted to those personnel to whom it is necessary for proper purposes
Heeney Civils will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties where there is a proper purpose related to business matters and with your knowledge
Heeney Civils uses secure and confidential means of destroying data after the relevant holding period
The Seven Principles of Data Protection
1. Process personal data fairly and lawfully
2. Obtain personal data only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and to ensure that such data is not processed in a manner which is incompatible with the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained
3. Ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose or purposes for which it is held
4. Ensure that personal data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
5. Process personal data in accordance with the rights of the individuals to whom the information relates
6. Ensure that personal data is kept secure
7. Ensure that personal data is not transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless the country to which the information is to be sent ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights (in relation to the information) of the individuals to whom the personal data relates
Operative Rights in relation to Data Protection.
All Operatives employed by Heeney Civils are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold about them. This right is the ‘right to subject access’ under the DPA. They are also entitled to be told where the information came from, what it is used for and if it is disclosed to anyone. There are some specific exceptions as set out in the Act; for example, we are allowed to refuse requests where releasing the information would prejudice the privacy rights of a third party. Operatives can contact us to request a copy of the information we hold. Requests can be made either in writing or by email.